Contact Captain Arbyte
My e-mail address is email@example.com
- If you're writing about something you read on this site, it's helpful
if you include a link so I know exactly which article you're talking
- I have a full-time job and a busy life. I'm not very disciplined about
responding to e-mail. If I don't write back, it's nothing personal.
Really. Please don't feel bad.
- My host doesn't provide a way for me to see my referrers, so please write
to let me know if you've linked to me.
- Please don't send large attachments.
- Please don't send HTML-formatted e-mail.
- I welcome spelling and grammar corrections for my essays, but please
don't bother for blog entries. It's not worth your time or mine.
- I assume your consent to publish anything you write, unless you
specifically say you don't want it published. If I publish anything
from your e-mail, I'll protect your identity unless you tell me that's
not necessary. (OTOH, if
you have a blog I'll assume you're happy to be identified and linked to.)
- Don't be abusive. If you must, please make it funny enough that it's
worth posting to the blog.
- Don't ask me to remove something you find offensive, or ask me not to
write about certain topics. I am a United States citizen of the state
of Oregon. It's my right to discuss anything I choose on my own site,
and I don't care a whit if you're offended.
United States Constitution, First Amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,
or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom
of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to
assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Oregon Constitution, Article I, Section 8:
No law shall be passed restraining the free expression of opinion, or
restricting the right to speak, write, or print freely on any subject
whatever; but every person shall be responsible for the abuse of this
- Don't ask me to blogroll you.
- Headhunters, don't bother me unless you're offering six figures.